Friday, February 3, 2012

The mysteries of a game!


Greetings to everybody! The topic of today is something different  of that I ussually post because I want to show you a different illustration style, but if you're here to see the anime girl of this week don't worry, soon I'm going to post something that you gonna love!! :D, well let's get started!

The illustration of today was created because of two reasons, the first one, it was a commission, and the second, a game called "la loteria". Explaining the second one "the game" it is a mexican traditional "lucky" game,  like "bingo". The players marks a tablet with illustrations when this illustrations are taken from a card deck by another kind of player called "el gritón" (Barker) , the first player who marks all the tablet wins, but he must to say loudly "loteria". The card deck is made of 54 cards each card has an item illustrated, this items has an important meaning of the mexican culture.

One of this items is "el catrín" it represents a rich guy walking around who apparently was an important people on the days that the game was created, when this card is taken from the deck "el griton" says: "Don Ferruco en la alameda, su bastón quería tirar." (Mr. Ferruco walking on Alameda, his staff wants to throw away), this apparently means Mr. Ferruco was a grumpy guy. But in the card he is smiling, Why?, maybe the original artist tries to do a  favor to Mr. Ferruco.

Do you know something more about this card? I'm glad to read it! :D


Well the other reason: one day a friend of mine ask me for an illustration, and I said: "Yes, what do you want?".
He answer - I want a illustration of me but like a "catrin" because I want to put it in my new web site!!-,
and I say - What?-.

And here is. He prefers another stile, and I'm still working on it, so wish me luck to accomplish this mission!.

 See you on the next post!.


No comments:

Post a Comment